A customized program to support your mission, collaboration, and comfort-level as you work, whether you're working alone or with others. I help you highlight and manage your practice strengths, habits, and energy-levels.
Sessions are designed to nurture the corresponding qualities of writing practice, daily self-reflection, and yoga. Recommended for anyone with a new creative endeavor or a writing project underway.
Integrative Yoga Writing Sessions
- Learn how yoga asana supports and enhances the writing process.
- Discover connections between your own creative work and mediation.
- Explore and practice guided meditation and pranayama (breathing practice)
- Whether you are a writer coming to practice yoga or a yogi seeking some writing practice, discover the wonderful integration of both writing and yoga with attention to body, breath, and spirit.
My integrative-coaching pedagogy has been influenced by more than two decades of combined work as a teacher, mentor, literature scholar, creative writer, and yoga student. My academic work is inspired by my interests in rhetoric, writing, aesthetics, philosophy, music, and questions about generating, organizing, doing, and re-evaluating the creative process and applications to daily work.
My yoga-teaching highlights the Iyengar tradition, attending to alignment, the supportive use of props, and a mindfulness of each student's body strengths and needs. I bring both poetry and a vast educational background to my classes. As a lover of creative writing, running, and teaching, my classes encourage students of diverse levels and abilities.
Teaching Highlights Include:
- Curriculum creator for original workshops on Immune-Boosting, Integrative Yoga-Writing, Mother-Day Yoga, Partner Yoga, and Moon-Time Yoga
- Creativity Coaching
- Intelligent asana sequences integrate with creative, informed, thematic focus
- Yoga benefits all: my work as a teacher focuses on compassion and attention to diverse students, with no experience required. I've worked with expectant mothers, children aged 5-12, partners practicing together, small and large groups, senior citizens, and students seeking comfort from ailments, both physical and emotional.